Job opportunities within the R.E.A.L. Alternative Provision School are currently being advertised under the guidance of Headteacher Martin Davies. If you want to be part of his innovative and exciting team contact us on: 0115 822 0400.
Martin joined the R.E.A.L. Education team in 2012 and has led on the development of the Alternative Provision School from the outset. Prior to his appointment at R.E.A.L., Martin was sole Deputy Head in a large secondary school with 2,500 students.
Martin led a £7 million pound bid to create a state of the art “Skills Centre” which won national and international acclaim; drawing visits from 3 Secretaries of State for Education. He has used much of his experience in this field to establish the framework for RAPS and bring a mainstream standard of facilities to the Alternative Provision sector.
Martin has significant leadership experience in mainstream schools both pastorally, and curriculum roles. The last OFSTED rated his team’s leadership as outstanding.
Other experiences include:
- Working in an advisory capacity in support of OFSTED preparation.
- Curriculum advisor to SSAT – applied learning.
- Curriculum manager (OFSTED outstanding Curriculum).
- Wrote successful bids for Technology College status, and Applied Learning specialist bid (first 5 schools in the country to achieve this) as well as Language College and training school bids
- Secondment to work as Deputy Head Teacher at George Spencer School Nottingham – an Outstanding school