Decisions about admission to the school will be made following consultation with parents, the LA, and other relevant agencies.
If parents wish to appeal a decision made regarding admissions they should follow the procedure as set out in the schools Complaints Policy. This is available in our policies section.
R.E.A.L Alternative Provision Schools retain the right to refuse the admission of a pupil on the following grounds:
- The school considers that the learner’s needs, as identified in their Statement of Special Education Needs/Education Health and Care plan and/or referral information, would not be met by the school.
- The school considers that the pupil’s needs could be better met by other LA services such as mainstream schooling or alternative provision; and that a placement at R.E.A.L Alternative Provision School would be inappropriate given the needs of the young person.
- The school has reached its capacity in terms of the number of available places.
- The referral is made from a LA which is not the young person’s home LA, unless funding had been agreed and was in place accordingly.
- In the event of limited availability in the provision the needs of a ‘Looked After Child’ would take priority.
Our admissions policy is located in the Policy section of our website here.