Learning from Home
As well as providing on site sessions for children of key workers and young people classed as vulnerable, the team at R.E.A.L. Education has also taken steps to ensure that learners can access learning remotely.
The team have:
- Successfully issued and delivered home study packs.
- Given all learners access to a R.E.A.L. online learning portal.
- Identified a large group of learners who can access sessions remotely with their tutors.
- Put in place home checks to support and reassure parents/carers and learners.
- Put in place free school meals to ensure those learners at home still have access to this vital provision.
- Supplied tutors with a wealth of learning platforms and resources so no learners go without.
- Set up remote learning programs that range from cooking to keeping fit.
Nichola Goddard, Personalised Provision Manager at R.E.A.L. Education said: “It’s a very R.E.A.L. and challenging situation, but for us, it’s business as usual. Everyone involved deserves a massive thanks.
“We’ve even had learners asking for more work, parents supporting us in overseeing learning at home, and tutors delivering food packages and vouchers across the county. All amazing work!”
As the Coronavirus situation continues, the team at R.E.A.L. will continue to adapt plans as needed and support learners in whatever way they can.
If you wish to discuss issues relating to your son or daughter, please contact your Learning Manager directly, or contact the office by calling 0115 220 400 or emailing email@example.com