All learners have the opportunity to access regular and impartial personal guidance interviews with our Careers Advisers Karan Lyons and Kay Carter, and appointments are made via the Learning Manager responsible for the young person’s programme.
Careers guidance activities include:
- Support and guidance to help them make appropriate choices for their future help to decide what to do when they leave their course, including further learning, training or employment.
- One to one interviews if appropriate and referring learners to other agencies that support them.
- Listening to learner’s ideas and aspirations, skills, experience, challenging pre-existing assumptions and removing barriers so they can make realistic life choices.
- Access through a learners programme to information and guidance about the options that are open to them and the progression routes.
- Clear unbiased advice and information about all the options available, so that they understand what they involve.
- A programme of careers education which helps them to develop skills and knowledge to make choices and the transition to work and learning.
- Develop the behaviours and attitudes required for transition, including developing and building on a students’ confidence, resilience, persistence and motivation.
- The opportunity to be involved in making decisions about things that affect their learning and developing practical strategies on how to achieve their goal.